Monday, February 2, 2009

Waiting is hard...

I think I've managed to keep my impatience in check. So far.

When we signed the L*O*I (letter of intent) for our child from China, we were told that we could travel as early as November.

And here we are.

We have now been waiting over 100 days for L*O*A (letter of acceptance) and are hearing that the new paperwork means that we could be two months (optimistically) or more (much more!) from travel, even after we get the L*O*A.

Not a thing I can do about any of it. Except pray. But this is getting to feel like a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG "pregnancy."

Oh...and we've gotten no new photos, no foster family reports, no medical updates, NOTHING. Everything we have is now more than a year old.

I wonder if we'll even recognize the child.

Sigh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, my friend! Just when you think you can't stand another minute- You'll get the call! (Although waiting is getting pretty hard for me, too!)

Heidi Mehltretter said...

I'm sorry, that is nuts. I've been there, but not that many days, and each and every one is AGONY. Bless you. Just think, soon your child will be home and you'll be doing that horrible first month together. LOL. I know, doesn't matter how rough it is, it still beats WAITING.

richmomma said...

Thanks to you both! We're now told to expect late May travel. Deep sigh. Time to clean some more rooms or something! ;)

Thanks for your kind comments.

And, yeah, I'll try to remember during that first month! ;) Or year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails