Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Little Clothes Horse, Part II...now w/ update

I seriously don't know whether to laugh or throw my hands up.

This morning, for church, I set out an outfit for GG. Dh took him to get dressed. Moments later, a SOBBING GG runs out to the kitchen and into my arms. Dh follows, shrugging. "He didn't want to wear that outfit." I sent them back to choose something else. They discarded the cutest little suspenders and suddenly all was okay.

Then, after lunch, when it's time to change into play clothes, he wants to wear his new church shirt. Anakin holds up every tshirt he owns, trying to find one that's okay. None can be found. So I lay all his tshirts on the floor. After much consternation, GG finally selects one, holds it up and says, "I happy!"

[Laughing, laughing, laughing.]

Edited a few hours later to say...

Following naptime, GG points to the clothes he's wearing, shaking his head, and says, "No dis." I assured him that he could change after bath, before bed. He cocks his head to the side and says, hopefully, "Bathtime????" (As in, "Can I take my bath now?")

I hope you're finding this humorous, cause I sure am. ;)

My mom wonders if changing clothes is like playing with toys to him...that perhaps the sudden abundance of clothes is just FUN after not having many in his foster home. I don't know how much he had there. Photos show a few different outfits. He only came to us with what he was wearing, a brand new shorts outfit with new sandals. Even today he points to them and says, "NaiNai got this."

Does anyone know? In China, do orphanages supply clothes to foster families, or do the families buy clothes for the kids?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails