Sunday, July 26, 2009

Forgetting the Past Already??

It's been a week or two since GG sat at the computer with me to look at photos of his foster family. The viewing hiatus wasn't intentional, it's just that we've been too busy for computer time. Tonight he climbed up on my lap and pointed to the photos. The first he chose was a picture of his niece, really more like a sister, just a year older than him and a good playmate. He talked to her on Skype only a couple weeks ago. When I pointed to her photo and asked "Who's that?" he said 'LilDude's name. I thought it was an accident. So I asked again. He repeated 'LilDude's name. I then said her name. He got a confused look and then a lightbulb went on and he said her name, but slowly, like he wasn't certain he was saying it right. He wasn't avoidant. He wasn't upset. He just acted like he genuinely thought her name was something else. Perhaps that's the way a 3-year-old blends the past into the present??

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails