Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What Do I Do All Day???

My day, in a nutshell...

5:30am
Get up to see why Lizzi is up. Go back to bed.

6:30ish
Get up. Stay in bed that long, hoping that GG sleeping at my side will fall back into a deep sleep. When he does, I get up.

6:30am
Eat, say goodbye to DH and Lizzi.

7am
Greet boys as they get up. Make them breakfast. Get dressed, eat more breakfast, drink coffee. Fire off a work (yep..."real" job coming up) email or two. Dress little boys. Say goodbye to Anakin.

8:30am
Start homeschool with little boys. Read aloud for quite a while. Help LilDude with his insect pop-up book. Watch a video on internet about insects to confirm a fact on his page. Learn that we were both wrong! :) Supervise as he writes a rough draft and final copy of one page and draws rough draft and makes final copy with Prismacolor pencils.

Make one job-related phone call.

10:30am
Go out with the boys to gather eggs. Pick plums at the neighbors. Harvest broccoli and red peppers. Boys alternately help and drive cars around the backyard.

11:15am
Eat lunch. Go back out to play for a bit before nap.

12:30pm
Nap for all. I sleep for about 45 minutes. Boys, for about 75 minutes. I get a couple work emails answered in the extra few minutes.

1:45pm
Water flowers at my parents'. Decide we need to eat some of their lettuce tomorrow.

2:15pm
Boys sit down to do "school work" while I freeze red peppers and broccoli. GG draws and LilDude does math. When they're done, boys play with doctor stuff. They love to use all the little bottles, droppers, and tubes I've saved. They go outside to use water in their droppers to heal their dolls. Then they take dolls on rip-roaring ride in the cars and crash enough times that babies have to return to the doctor.

3:15pm
Lizzi home. Talk with her. Read books to little boys.

4pm
Anakin home. Talk with him.

4:30pm
Feed kids dinner. Lots of leftovers!

As I write, I'm holding GG who is watching a Mei Mei Chinese video on one side of my screen. Time to go feed DH and clean up the kitchen... ;)

Rest of the day?

Catch up with DH.
Plant raised bed with the kale and mustard seeds that DH brought home.
Start on a jog.
Find snake on the road.
Run home to get boys to see snake.
Finish jog.
Shower.
Bathe kids.
Read stories.
Bed.

It's been a good day! I'll have to save this for ten or twenty years. Wonder what I'll be doing then???

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails