Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Easy Corn Chowder

Favorite recipe from my "college family"...

Corn Chowder


3 medium potatoes, diced
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped (I use 1/2 onion)

Add water to almost cover and cook til tender, about 15 minutes.

2 c. corn (I use frozen, thawed)
1, 12 oz can evaporated milk (I use regular)
3/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper

Add the above. Heat to boiling again.

2 T. cornstarch
1/4 c. cold water

Dissolve together. Add to soup, stirring til thickened. (I didn't do this yesterday and it was thick enough without it.) Fry/crumble 3 strips bacon and sprinkle over top before serving.

Easy, economical and good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We also add a bit of grated cheese as an optional topping, sometimes instead of the bacon.
Monica

Related Posts with Thumbnails