Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Day 2, School Pictures (93...Free!)

The easiest way for me to not spend money? Not go to the store! I don't have plans to go anywhere today, so that part is easy.

But I have a problem tacked to my fridge. Two order sheets for school picture day tomorrow. School pictures, blah! They never turn out well, yet I feel like a bad mom if I don't order some. Last year, Lizzi didn't like the ones she brought home at all and was only too happy to return them to school. But I feel like I need to at least order a class photo for 'LilDude. At $8, I don't consider it cheap.

Last fall, I took a lot of photos of the kids in our backyard with the fall foliage. They turned out great...nice enough to frame for the living room. So maybe an $8 class photo for 'LilDude, a yearbook for Lizzi (already purchased that at the beginning of the year), and some photos in the backyard???

Hmmmmm. What do YOU do about school pictures???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My folks never bought the school pictures. It was back in the days when class pix came free I guess because I have those. Maybe they paid for them, I don't know. They have since expressed some regret at not having the annual record for whatever it's worth. We have done the annual spring Daniels deal with our kids. That said, and to the point of your post--I did pay for the first grade class picture last week. I felt ripped off, but I didn't want to look back and wish I had.....

Anonymous said...

I gripe about them!!!! Fall pictures, spring pictures, class pictures, panoramic school pictures, yearbooks, arrgghhh!!! And then I buy some . . . reminding myself that grandparents do appreciate them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails