Thursday, October 9, 2008

Polydron Plug



I recently had the privilege of teaching 4th-6th grade TAG (talented/gifted.) If students finished the current activity, they were invited to "choice time." Many children chose the polydrons. They were quite fascinated by this math manipulative that can be used to create any number of geometric structures. Age-wise, they are quite versatile; 'LilDude's kindergarten class owns a set. So if you're looking for something new to "play" with (and get a little learnin' in on the side), this might be an option to explore.

In the last several years, we've done less with individual Christmas gifts and more with "family gifts." If you have grade schoolers, this is a nice option. BTW, I don't make anything from mentioning Polydrons; I just like 'em. ;)

P.S. You might find it ironic that a post on something for sale follows a post on buying/entitlement. I don't. ;) I'm not against buying. I'm against buying to excess things that stretch us beyond our means. We'll be buying Christmas gifts. But only a select few. :) More on that later.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails